New World Beer & Cider Awards: Sharing the search for NZ’s best beers and ciders
Each year, the New World Beer & Cider Awards seek out the very best beers and ciders from hundreds of entries, helping shoppers – from beer novices and craft connoisseurs - choose their next brew with confidence.
Network designed a media relations and influencer programme to reach beyond the craft beer community and through to consumers at every stage of the competition. From the call for entries, to judging, we shared stories that showed consumers these were results they could trust and get excited about – no matter their existing beer knowledge.
The eventual winners, and their delicious beverages, were then unveiled to select media under embargo, so they could make a big splash across the country on announcement day. Video content supported online stories and influencer sampling opened minds and palates to the top drops on offer.
- 120 media clips over approximately five months
- Broadcast interviews on Newstalk ZB and The Project
- Exclusive coverage with Sunday Star Times and Stuff.co.nz as well as articles with NZ Herald and The Spinoff
- Winning brewers and beverages featured in major outlets across New Zealand from magazines such as Taste and Next, to regional papers
- A four-fold increase in social influencer support on 2018